Historic Olde Towne Portsmouth, Virginia
"Portsmouth's one-man Williamsburg"
- Janie Bryant, The Virginian-Pilot
Privacy Statement & Copyright Policy
Colonel Crawford is sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet and is committed to protecting your privacy on our Website. Colonel Crawford takes any reasonable precautions to keep all information obtained from our online visitors secure against unauthorized access and use and we periodically review our security measures. We have established the following guidelines to explain the way in which we use information gathered from visitors to our Website.
What information does Colonel Crawford collect?
In general, you can visit Colonel Crawford on the Web to access information while remaining anonymous and not revealing any personal information. There are times, however, that we will ask you to provide certain information (such as your name and e-mail address) so that we may understand you better and provide you with information on any new products or services that you might be interested in. Our Web server may also collect the domain names, but not the e-mail addresses, of visitors to our Website. We use information to monitor and assist us in improving the content on our Website.
How will Colonel Crawford protect your personal information?
Forms you fill out to interact with our business may request that you give us sensitive information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address or telephone number. Whenever that is the case, Colonel Crawford will take commercially reasonable steps to establish a secure connection with your Web browser. For areas within our site which conduct electronic commerce, credit card numbers are used only for payment processing through a secure server and will not be disclosed to any third parties. You must be 18 years or older to submit any personal information.
Note that our Website contains links to other non-Colonel Crawford Websites. Although we try to link only to websites that share our concern for customer information privacy, we are not responsible for their content or their privacy practices.
Colonel Crawford Linking Policy
Please feel free to provide direct hyperlinks from your website to any public (not password accessed) webpage at www.xxxxxxxxxx.com. All our web pages can be reached by starting at http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com. We require that any such links be either through:
1. a text link containing our domain name, or
2. a graphic banner logo seen on the linked page and the top of this page. Any other linking methods are not licensed by Colonel Crawford.
3. Hyperlinks should either transfer visitors full screen to Colonel Crawford, (not in a frame belonging to another site), or the link should launch the Colonel Crawford Website (preferably our homepage) in a new browser window. We require that Colonel Crawford HTML pages and content do not appear within the frames of others, nor accompanied in any way by third-party material that may create a mistaken impression in the mind of the viewer about Colonel Crawford affiliation with, or endorsement of, the third party site or their frame.
4. The Colonel Crawford logo and related slogan, which are legally protected trademarks, should never be removed from HTML pages on which they appear, nor be associated with any third party we have not approved in writing, in advance. Our web pages should always appear exactly as we have posted them.
5. Alternatively, you could download and reprint information from our site, but we prefer being provided with a hyperlink instead. By linking directly to us, visitors to your website will be given access to the most up-to-date version of Colonel Crawford information possible. In addition, all our web pages have links to a wealth of other information available from Colonel Crawford, the tourist industry and Portsmouth (Virginia).
6. Of course, all Colonel Crawford site content is copyrighted by Colonel Crawford with all rights reserved. Feel free to use it as you like, as long as Colonel Crawford gets prominent credit as the source.
7. However, Colonel Crawford does not allow links with sites that:
- Breach other's rights to privacy or confidentiality
- Promote illegal, fraudulent, or unlawful activities.
- Are defamatory, libelous, offensive, or obscene.
- Promote hatred of any group
- Breach common "Netiquette"
Colonel Crawford is always happy to have other sites provide a link to ours if these general policies are respected. We follow these policies ourselves, so the links we provide to other sites respect the legitimate interests of others in their intellectual property, bandwidth, and corporate resources. We support good Netiquette and encourage the hospitality and restaurant community to do the same.
Terms & Conditions
General Disclaimer – Eric Price owns and operates Colonel Crawford are collectively referred to hereafter as the "Company"). The Company does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements (collectively, the "Materials") contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this Website nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the Website. You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any Materials shall be at your sole risk. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in any portion of the Website or the materials.
Trademark(s) - Colonel Crawford as well as related names and symbols are registered trademarks of the Company. Other featured word or symbols, used to identify the source of the goods and services, are the trademarks of their respective owners. The trademarks, service marks and trade names shown in this Website are protected in the United States and throughout the world. No use of these may be made without the prior written authorization of owner of the mark, except to identify the products or services of the Company.
Copyright - This Website is copyrighted under United States laws and protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. Users of the site may download or print one copy of any and all Materials on the site for personal, non-commercial use, provided that they do not modify or alter the Materials in any way, nor delete or change any copyright or trademark notice. All Materials on this site are provided for lawful purposes only. None of the information on this site may be copied, distributed or transmitted in any way for commercial use without the express written consent of Colonel Crawford. Colonel Crawford reserves full ownership of and intellectual property rights in any materials downloaded from this site.
Links to Other Websites - This Website may provide links or reference to other sites, but the Company has no responsibility for the content of such sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided merely as a convenience to the users of the Website. The Company makes no warranties, either express or implied, concerning the content of such site, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability thereof for any particular purpose, nor does the Company warrant that such site or content is free from any claims of copyright, trademark or other infringement of the rights of third parties or that such site or content is devoid of viruses or other contamination. The Company does not guarantee the authenticity of documents on the Internet. Links to non-Company sites do not imply any endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, products, information or services offered at such sites or any representation regarding the content at such sites.
Limitation of Liability - Because of the possibility of human and mechanical error as well as other factors, the Company is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the information contained in or accessed through this Website. All such information is provided "as is" to the user without express or implied warranties of any kind including the warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. The Company will not be liable for any delay, difficulty in use, inaccuracy of information, computer viruses, malicious code or other defect in this Website, or for the incompatibility between this Website and files and the user's browser or other site accessing program. Nor will the Company be liable for any other problems experienced by the user. No license to the user is implied in these disclaimers.
Submissions to the Website - The Company welcomes your submissions; however, any information submitted, other than your personal information (for example, your name and e-mail address) to the Company through this site is the exclusive property of the Company and is considered NOT to be confidential. The Company does not receive the submission in confidence or under any confidential or fiduciary relationship. The Company may use the submission for any purpose without restriction or compensation.